Sunday, November 15, 2009

UCD Air Open, 15-11-09

The UCD open i generally the first match that DURC sends novices to, and today was no exception. Also, it tends to be a match that sees most of the senior air rifles squad back in action. Though it wasn't my first of the season it was the first I had put some training into so I was looking forward to it.

During the week I spent a lot of time relearning how to shoot, which ended up going quite well, getting in some mid 90s strings, which was nice. I still haven't quite gotten back to my former comfort and consistency, but I feel more comfortable and stable than ever at the moment. Which, as usual, still isn't translating into a better match performance for me :(

My performance in DURC is going well, but, as I have discovered in the past, the targets in DURC are on the, shall we say, higher end of the requirements, not to mention the lighting... Anyway, UCDs targets are lower, which has zero problems that I wouldn't really notice as I tend to fall quite high in general. I'm heading out there on Tuesday to go for a training session then so we'll see how it goes then with a slightly lower position.

For a gratuitous photo of me on the line we have the one below;













If nothing else, the new jacket looks damn amazing :D We'll have a quick review of everything on Tuesday out in UCD and go from there.

Oh, and on the score side of things, I shot 540, which is getting better, but more importantly it was one of the best 540s I've ever shot. It did contain an 87 to start and an 84 to finish (crazy 5 out to the side...) but we shall ignore that for the moment. Yeah. I'm actually really happy with today, the groups were good, just in the wrong place. Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment