Monday, November 30, 2009

Air Rifle Training, DURC

Nope, yesterday was not enough for me, I had to come back for some more today. I decided to act on a few of the problems from yesterday, mostly my holding and balance issues.

To get better contact with the cheekpiece I dropped the buttplate another little bit, to the bottom of the carrier. I need to check that it's still within the rules, but I think it is. This lowered the rifle a little more to the target, which is another good thing, and also artificially raised the sightline.

I've all but given up on getting my head level, it's just not comfortable with the drop I have to the sights. It's much easier to cant it a little and deal with balance by making sure I sort that out with the the centre of gravity of the total system (me plus rifle) over the middle of my feat. Good practice on that one if nothing else. Or that's what I'm going with anyway :P

The end result of this is a more stable position that isn't quite killing my neck. Drilling out the 10 ring (more or less, there's always a 9) with a lovely steady hold is always a plus :)

On another note, here are some pics of my new jacket in the standing position courtesy of Sparks which show possibly a little too much material in the sides and on the left hip. Out with the knife and a needle and thread methinks <:o













No comments:

Post a Comment