Friday, October 16, 2009

Flats

No, not of the singing type, though that's not so cool either. More of the bicycle tire type which has been keeping me off the road for some time now while I try to get spares.

I first thought that it was just crap tires (well, the back one is worn almost thin and they were 35mm wide) but even with nice new Gatorskins and tubes (28mm, huge difference!) I still lost out and had two new flat tubes :(

As a final solution before sending it to the LBS I've got some new rim tape to try now, so we'll see how I get on with that. The cycling I did on the Gators before the tubes popped was excellent, changed the bike from a slow sluggish creature to a fast responsive one that I'm aching to try up in Wicklow again.

Check your rim tape and tire pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment